Monday, March 1, 2010

This is my Venting post :)

Ok so sometimes you know how you just gotta vent about stuff and even if you talk to someone else about it, it still feels better to just get it all written out and to know that others agree with you and your not a crazy person. :) So here it goes....

I'm sure we are all aware of the moms in church with the little kids who wail, but never will they take there child out into the hall. Now don't get me wrong I am very sympathetic to all those moms struggling to keep their kids quiet and I do not expect them to be silent or to run them out of the room at the slightest peep. However when your kid starts yelling so loudly that I cannot hear the lesson and I can see on the girl who is teaching's face that she can't even hear her own thoughts, then its time to go outside. I feel so bad because it is hard enough to teach anyways let alone when you no on can hear you. Thus this Sunday in Relief Society this exact thing happened. I know I should have more patience but it made me so angry! It was an ongoing thing throughout the lesson and I couldn't even tell you what we were supposed to learn because I was so distracted. When it gets to that point its just plain rude! To the teacher and to everyone else who is trying to listen and learn something. Its even worse that this same person has done this before when the kid was younger and was just screaming its head off but yup she wouldnt take him out. I know for a fact that when my kids are acting up I will take them out so I don't disract everyone else.

My other source for venting, I can't stand the Daily Universe, it is a sad excuse for a school newspaper. I have tried to give it a chance by reading it at work but I might read one small thing and then just flip past all the dumb sports articles that fill every page. I'm sorry but not everyone cares about BYU's sorry sports teams, all you need is to put a list of what games were played and who won not an entire recap of every game. Its a waste of paper that I look at for 1 minute and then throw away.

Almost done... Why is is that every single teacher decides the same week is the best week for midterms? Because I may just collapse after this week is over. I have 5 tests all on the same days and I can be certain it is not gonna be pretty. Not to mention the same teachers who have assigned these tests have decided that this week is also a good week to have certain projects due. After this week I don't know if ill make it to the end of the semester.

Ok last one. Why is it so impossible for any clothing company to make any skirts or dresses that go down to the knee. It must be pretty impossible because you can't find one thing that fits that criteria, thus I have had to resort to wearing the same old clothes to church over and over and Im really getting tired of it. Sorry but with the majority of the US being obese I'd say mini skirts aren't very appropriate. So hello lets make some longer skirts and dresses, cause i sure am not gonna attempt to make them myself. ha

Ok so I am not even angry, I am just frustrated about these things mainly #1. And I feel much better after getting that off my chest. Now I can go on and continue my day being the happily married wife who is celebrating 10 months today :) The end.

5 comments:

  1. I totally understand your venting, especially about relief society! HOLY COW. It's not a coincidence that only the reader of a quote can respond to it...because she was the only one who heard it! Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i personally love the white pencil skirt that you wore to the temple in the picture on the left. where did you get it? with relief society, i think that fathers should have the children during class- if the child allows it- but i think it provides a good balance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know one of the only long enough skirts I have found haha. its from "White House Black Market". And yes I agree there are a few couples who trade off every other time which I think is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey girl. try shadeclothing.com I really like their stuff and its always modest. Im getting so sick of wearing a tank top underneath, leggings on the bottom, and a cardigan just to be able to go outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, you are hilarious! That post made my day! I hope you feel better now that you've gotten it all out - sometimes you just gotta vent!
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete