Friday, November 6, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Ekman!! 5-1-09

Ok so I don’t have any of my really good pictures yet, I am getting a CD of everything but haven’t gotten it yet, so these pictures will have to do for now. Plus this is long but oh well my main purpose of this blog is to have a journal of our lives together so I have to use details :). So about a week before the wedding on Saturday April 25th matt took me through the temple.

Im so glad that Matt and I could get married in the temple and that I found a worthy boy to take me there. That next week all the final preparations were made. Matt flew home to Oregon until Thursday and I hated that he was gone. But I had lots to do. I had to have my dress fitted since it had just arrived the week before. I didn’t get to take any bridals for this reason, there just wasn’t enough time. That week there was one day where all of my bridesmaids got together and my mom bought us all lunch at CafeRio, it was Amazing and so fun! Me and mom finished all the details so everything would be ready.

Anna, Britt, Jessica, Amy, Me, Heather, Amanda P., Morgan , and Tori

We also all went to get our nails and toes done that Thursday morning.

On The Thursday night before the wedding we had our rehearsal dinner at BJ’s. We had my favorite types of pizza. It was so fun to have everyone there before the craziness of the next day began.

Angel, Michael, and Amanda

Jon, Jordan, and Britt

My Grandma, Aunt Carol, Uncle John, and cousins

After the dinner all my friends took me out for a bachelorette party! It was so much fun we all had little masks, feather boas, and name tags of a guys parts haha it was funny!

We went to the Las Vegas sign and took some pictures there and then of course we went to the strip and the girls had a bunch of dares for me.

After each dare I got a prize, to name a few…some chocolate paint and some naughty dice haha. I had such a fun time with all my girls Thanks girls!!!
By the time we got home I was exhausted, but of course I stayed up with some of the girls who were staying at my house and we had to have the night before the wedding girl talk, haha it was fun chatting with anna, tori, cari, and my sisters. I didn’t care that I was up late I could not fall asleep!
That morning I woke up and I remember thinking holy crap im getting married today!! Haha but I wasn’t really nervous at all, I was just excited to get ready and have my almost husband come and take me to the temple. So I woke up at 7 am after like 3 hrs of sleep and went upstairs to the chaos, haha every girl in the house was up getting ready and running around getting things together. I got to sit and be pampered while Leslie (my hair-dresser and my moms long time friend) did my hair and then my mom did my makeup.

Poor Matt showed up to pick me up and they wouldn’t let me see him! I wanted to see him so bad, and they made him just go without me, he didn’t even know how to get to the temple so he called like 5 times asking me where to go haha. Once I was ready my mom and I got in the car with everything and headed over, and then I finally got to see my fiancé just beaming at me. We were ready. We had to wait for everyone to arrive and then we were sealed for time and all eternity to each other in the Las Vegas Nevada temple at about 12:30 pm on May 1, 2009. I can still remember how extremely happy I was when I first heard them say that we were now husband and wife. From that point on I have been Mrs. Ekman. After we were married I had to change into my dress which took some time to get everything right, Matt still had never seen my dress so you can imagine the look on his face when I walked out:) . It was so fun to walk out of the temple to everyone cheering for us and to have all our close friends and family there.

Of course then began the 2 hours of picture taking.
We were so exhausted by the time we got back to my house, we ate really fast and then 15 minutes later had to head over to our reception. The reception started at 6 at the Redrock Country Club.

My stud little brother Blake

Everything inside was fantastic!! It was everything I had dreamed of for my wedding. Everything went so smoothly, our dance went perfectly which Matt was freaking out about and I mean literally freaking out, he was more nervous for our first dance then anything else haha.

The food tasted amazing and the cake was so so so good! I have to brag about my cake because it was bomb! There was not a piece of nasty fondant at all. Just 4 tiers of buttercream frosting with white chocolate petals around it.

The reception seriously went by soo fast, I felt like it had only been an hour and my mom was already telling me to start getting my stuff ready to leave , Now I was nervous haha. We walked out through everyone cheering and waving big sparklers and then we got into the limo and rode off :).

We stayed for our wedding night in an amazing suite at Wynn Encore. It was perfect and the room was so nice, there was even a remote control for the blinds which was my favorite part haha. We had to get up pretty early the next morning to go to the airport on our way to our Honeymoon in Costa Rica!!! But ill save that for another time. But I must say that I am so happy with my husband. I love him so much and I am so excited for the rest of our lives together!

No comments:

Post a Comment