Friday, August 27, 2010

Oregon Trip July 2010

So this trip was awhile ago but I am still behind a little bit on my blog posts. So we drove down to Portland on Wednesday the 14th I think. On Thursday Matt had to get his teeth cleaned and I got a tiny cavity filled. We found out that Matt had to get his root canal re-done because he had gotten an infection so that was on Friday and he was not too happy about it. But he had me there to hold his hand so it was much better than his first root canal. Thursday thru Saturday we just did some fun stuff. We ate at some new places and I got to do some shopping. Yay! I did get a few successful purchases that I am proud of. I think it was Saturday when the rest of Matt's family arrived and then on Sunday we all left for the Beach House in Lincoln City. Matt caught a cold and was sick the whole time we were at the beach. Poor thing he is just miserable when he has a sore throat and can't breathe :( Luckily I didn't catch it from him!
Here are some of our pictures from our time in Lake Oswego and Portland.
We got to drive around in the Jag and put the top down since the weather was so nice.

We went to this awesome doughnut place called Voodoo Doughnut that we had watched a thing on on Food Network one day. We waited in line for like 45 minutes but it was fun and they have so many random funny flavors.

The doughnuts! We got a Texas challenge (the huge one), A Voodoo doll, a Portland cream (the chocolate one), an apple fritter, a maple bacon bar (seriously the best doughnut ever!!), and the dirty bastard(the oreo and peanut butter one).


Here is Matt getting his root canal....again

Now we skip to the beach adventures :)
We flew this awesome dragon kite.

It was so windy and cold down by the water. Luckily I got that cute new jacket I am wearing here from Lululemon my new favorite athletic store!

We went on a walk to look at all the cute beach houses.

We went to lunch at Mo's a favorite Oregon Beach tradition I have only been one other time when Matt brought me home in December 2007. My fish n chips were really good and they have a famous clam chowder that everyone loves.

Matt and I then drove to the Oregon Coast Aquarium just the 2 of us. It was so fun and nice and quiet :). My favorite are the otters and the puffin was hilarious. He was puffing up his feathers and then popping up in the water right in front of me Matt says it was a mating dance haha.
Cool sea anemones

Matt with the jellyfish.

Playing with sharks. Ahh!

Matt in the scuba suit.

The Tufted Puffin!

Hedwig!!

And of course I got a new stuffed animal, an otter holding a little oyster, I named him Oyster haha I just love getting new stuffed animals to snuggle with! i still snuggle with Matt too tho :)

Our last little adventure was going to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. A little ironic since I hate cheese! Yup I don't like cheese, except for in certain situations. But it was still cool to watch them cut and package the cheese.

The Mr and Mrs

The best ice cream cone ever!! Coffee Almond Fudge and Caramel Toffee crunch yummy! Who wants cheese when you can have ice cream!

Here is the view from the beach house.

Here is the beach house, it is huge and so nice inside!

After Tillamook Matt and I drove back to LO for the night and then we left early the next morning to drive back to Provo and work :( On our way we stopped to visit these water falls. here we are at Horsetail falls.

And a quick visit to Multnomah falls.

We had a lot of fun on our trip and got to do and see some fun stuff plus relax a little bit. It is always nice to get a change of scenery and Oregon is so pretty and green, although we will not be living there it is fun to visit a few times a year and I love that I can always do something new. Thanks again Ekman family we had a great trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment